|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Heat the oven to 350°F.
2) Use parchment paper to line 2 baking sheets.
3) In a bowl, add egg yolks and beat till golden.
4) Beat in honey till ribbons form, then mix in the vanilla.
5) Sift together whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, and cornstarch into a bowl and beat till blended.
6) Little at a time, gently fold in the flour mix into the egg mix.
7) In a bowl, beat egg whites till fluffy.
8) Add cream of tartar and beat till stiff.
9) Fold in the beaten whites and transfer the batter into a pastry bag a 3/4-inch mouth.
10) On the baking sheet, squeeze out 24 lines of 3 inches long dough, keeping them 1 inch apart.
11) Place on the middle shelf and bake each batch for 10 to 12 minutes, till lightly browned.
12) Remove gently with a spatula and place on wire racks to cool.
13) Drizzle with honey and serve.