|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Okra||1 Pound (Fresh or frozen)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Clean and wash fresh okra.
2) Cut out the cone shaped portions at top.
3) In a platter, arrange the okra.
4) Drizzle vinegar over it and let stand for one to two hours.
5) Rinse thoroughly in cold water.
6) In a skillet, heat oil and add finely chopped onions. Saute until brown.
7) Gently add tomatoes to it. Cook for two minutes.
8) Add okra, parsley, salt, pepper, remaining olive oil, sufficient water, and two or three lemon slices.
9) Bring the mixture to a bowl, decrease flame and cook slowly.
10) Serve warm.