|Gram flour/Besan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice flour||4 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash the okras and hold the knife slantingly and slice the okras in to 1 inch pieces.
2. Finely chop the onions lengthwise.
3. In a bowl, put the okras, onions, cashews, asefeotida, gram flour, rice flour, chilly powder, salt, pepper powder, cumin seeds and curry leaves & cilantro & mix well. Keep aside for 2mins.
4. The okras and onions will release some moisture, so mix well with that.
5. Heat oil in kadai, put a tsp of oil in the okra mixture and mix well. If needed, sprinkle little water and mix.
6. Take small portions of the mixture in to the oil and fry for 2mins till the onions turning golden brown and you get excellent okra flavour.
Sprinkle lemon juice and serve as a snack or side dish for any kind of rice dish.