Dry Split Okra
|Okra||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Dried onions||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Aamchoor||2 Teaspoon (Mango Powder)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Trim the ends and cut the okra halfway through the middle.
2) In a large saucepan. fry the dried onions in the heated oil until they are crisp. Drain thoroughly, cool and gently crush the dried onions.
3) In a bowl, combine the dried onions, dried mango, ground cumin, chilli powder and salt together.
4) Stuff the onion and spice mixture into the split okra.
5) In the saucepan, gently place the okra in the heated oil and cook on a low heat for about 10-12 minutes until cooked.
6) Spoon the okra in a serving dish and serve immediately.