|Sifted cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Sift together three times the flour, half the sugar and the salt.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff and gradually beat in the remaining sugar. Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored, and fold with the vanilla into the egg white mixture. Sift the flour mixture, a third at a time, over the eggs and fold in carefully.
4. Line ungreased baking sheets with unglazed paper. Press the batter through a pastry bag onto the paper, or shape with a spoon into strips about 4 by 3/4 inches.
5. Bake twelve to fifteen minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from paper with a spatula and cool on a rack.