|Sifted cake flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Onto sheet of wax paper or a paper plate sift together flour and baking powder; set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl combine egg yolks, sugar, lemon peel, and vanilla and, using electric mixer, beat until thick and lemon colored, about 3 minutes; beat in half of flour mixture.
3. In another bowl, using clean beaters, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form; gently fold whites, alternately with remaining flour mixture, into yolk mixture.
4. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Fit a pastry bag with a No.
6 plain 1/2-inch-wide tube and spoon batter into bag; pipe out batter onto sheet, forming 16 strips, each about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Using a spatula, immediately remove lady fingers to a wire rack; let cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 338.7 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 16.1 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 24.5% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet