Okra with Tomato Sauce- وصفة طبخ الباميه
|Frozen okra/Fresh okra||1 Pound|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fresh tomatoes/Canned tomatoes||3 , diced|
|Tomato paste/Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a deep pan, heat oil and add in the onion. Sauté for a few minutes.
2. Add in the garlic and sauté until light brown.
3. Stir in the okra and cover the pan. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Season with salt and black pepper and sauté well.
5. Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste and water. Bring to a boil and let it boil for 10 minutes.
6. Serve Okra with rice or bread.