Wheat oil also known as wheat germ oil is a healthy oil which is extracted from the wheat kernel berry. The oil is dark in color and has a strong odor. The oil is a rich source of Vitamin E, D and A, and also contains high amounts of proteins and Lecithin. Thia oil extracted from wheat is mainly used for cooking, skin care and as a dietary supplement.
Culinary Use Of Wheat Germ Oil
The oil extracted from wheat kernels is used for cooking. It is mostly used for making salad. A few drops of this oil enhance the taste of the dish as it is known to do when drizzled on stir fried vegetables and pasta dishes. Wheat oil is also used for baking purpose. The oil gives a fluffiness and crispiness to the baked items like breads and cookies. Yogurt, omelets, meat dishes and vegetables also taste better with this oil. Also, the oil acts as a good substitute for flax seed oil.
Wheat Oil Benefits
- Provides essential fatty acids-The oil extracted from wheat is a good source of polyunsaturated fats. Linoleic acid and linolenic acid are two of such essential fatty acids contained in this oil. These fatty acids lower the bad cholesterol in the body and thus, help in having a healthy heart.
- Rich in Vitamin E-The presence of Vitamin E ensures nourished skin on regular consumption. The oil is useful in treating sun blemishes, eczema, stretch marks and psoriasis.
- Boosts immunity- The wheat oil helps in boosting the immunity and ensures proper skin cell formation.
- Builds muscle stamina- The oil due to the presence of Octacasano chemical and vitamin E helps in muscle building. Consuming the oil on regular basis leads to athlete body with good stamina.
- Anti- aging- The oil is known as an anti-aging remedy and is used in making of many creams and lotions. The oil works as an antioxidant and reduces free radicals leading to aging.
- Enhances blood circulation- Wheat oil is used as carrier oil and proves to be effective during massages.
- Shiny nails- The oil due to presence of Vitamin E, helps the nails to look shiny and nourished. The cuticles of the nails also get soft when applied regularly.
Using Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat germ oil must be used with care because of its sensitivity. The oil should not be exposed to high temperatures as it tends to get rancid soon. The oil is available commercially in both refined and unrefined form. Wheat oil is mostly used as dietary supplement as it is a rich source of iron, magnesium, zinc, thiamine and niacin.