I love the energy of the dandelions. No matter how hard we try to destroy them they keep coming back. That persistence is something we can all appreciate. Of course they also want to be loved the way the French love their dandelions greens and not disliked the way many Americans dislike the weeds in their lawn. You can pick dandelions from your own backyard but only if your lawn is organic, you wouldn’t want to eat any pesticides or herbicides.
Please See Video
1) Bring a pot of salted water to boil add dandelion greens.
2) Cook them uncovered for 10 minutes until tender. Drain, cool and squeeze out the water
3) Heat olive oil in a sauté pan on medium low.
4) Add garlic and red pepper flakes sauté 30 seconds until slightly golden.
5) Add dandelions and sea salt. Increase heat to medium-high, then sauté until coated with oil and heated through, about 4 minutes.
6) Finish by drizzling 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive over the greens and serve.