|Gram flour||1 Kilogram|
|Red food coloring||4 Drop|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Saffron essence||4 Drop|
|Cardamom seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Melted ghee||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Pinch|
1) Mix sugar with 250 grams of water and make a thin syrup. Add lime juice and strain it. Keep aside overnight.
1) Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and sieve.
2) Add ghee, milk and enough water to form a thick batter. Beat until batter is smooth.
3) Add few drops of food coloring and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
4) In a large wok, heat ghee to smoking temperature, then lower the heat.
5) Using a sieve or colander with big holes, drop the batter into ghee and fry until golden brown.
6) Make syrup thick with single thread consistency. Add cardamom seeds, essence and add little boondi at a time.
7) When all the boondi is sweetened, dust hands with rice flour or grease them and make laddus.
8) Allow the boondi laddus to set.
9) Store them in airtight containers.