Whole Wheat Oil Crust
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), measured scoop and level|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cold milk||6 Tablespoon|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400Â°F.
2. In a bowl, pour the oil and milk together but do not mix.
3. Using either your hands or a food processor, mix the whole wheat flour and salt.
4. Slowly add the liquid and continue mixing, but stop mixing when all the liquid is added, to get a crumbly mixture.
5. Gather the crumbs into a ball.
6. Flatten it into and 6-inch circle, dust with flour, place between two wax paper sheets and let it stand for 5 minutes.
7. With a rolling pin, roll from the center outward, till the dough is 12 inches in diameter.
8. Peel off one sheet of wax paper, and fold the pastry, to unfold carefully in the pan.
9. Take a quiche pan with removable bottom or a greased pie plate and place the dough on it, trimming the excess by rolling to pin on the top of the pan in case of the quiche pan , and trim the edge, leaving a 1-inch overhang, which you should then fold under and flute, in case of a pie plate..
10. Make holes on the surface with a fork.
11. Refrigerate the crust for a few minutes, or, in case of an unbaked crust, glaze with egg white and refrigerate for 1 hour.
12. In the oven, bake for 12-15 minutes till the crust is brown for a fully-baked crust and 8-10 minutes if you want a partially baked crust.
13. Cool on a wire rack before filling.
14. Serve with a filling of choice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1294 Calories from Fat 727
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.7%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9 mg3%
Sodium 1061.2 mg44.2%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 19.8 g79.3%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 16% Iron 35.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet