Lemon Pickle in Oil
|Mustard oil||1⁄2 Liter|
|Red chili pepper||4 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||30 Gram|
|Whole red chillies||120 Gram (Use Fresh)|
|Methi seeds||60 Gram|
|Lemon juice||60 Cup (960 tbs)|
1) Cut each soaked, cleaned and dried lemon into four pieces.
2) Coat both inside and outside of the lemon pieces with salt and keep till tender.
3) Lightly heat the oil till smoky, remove from the fire, add asafoetida and when it swells up crush it with a spoon.
4) Lightly fry the chilli powder in the oil, stirring it continuously till a red colour appears.
5) Make the mustard seeds a little fried in the oil after removing it from fire.
6) Add all the fried spices, ginger and red chillies to the lemons and cook until a little tender with constant stirring.
7) Now add 1 tablespoon of salt, roasted powdered methi seeds and lime juice to the mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
8) Remove from the fire. Keep the lemon pickle into a clean airtight jar.