Chiko Roll - A Classic Australian Icon
|Lamb mince||1 Pound|
|Green cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely shredded|
|Celery stick||1 , finely sliced|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Chicken stock cube||1|
|Egg roll wrapper||12 (as needed)|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a hot cast iron skillet, melt butter and saute lamb in it. When done transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. In the remaining pan juice, saute green cabbage, celery, carrot, and onion. Add chicken stock cube, break and continue to saute for a couple of minutes.
3. Stir in flour and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes. Put the lamb back into the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove the skillet from flame and set aside to cool.
4. Take an egg roll wrapper, brush beaten egg around the edge and place spoonful of filling in the center. Roll as shown in the video and repeat the process until the filling is used up.
5. Deep fry the rolls in oil for 3-4 minutes at 275 degree F. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
6. Serve with chili sauce and enjoy!
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.1 mg25.7%
Sodium 130.2 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet