Anzac Oatmeal Slice
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oat bran||2 Tablespoon|
|Oat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar/Xylitol||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Desiccated coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Golden syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Bicarbonate of soda||2⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 145 C / 293 F.
2. Line a bar tin with baking paper and set aside.
3. In a heated saucepan, melt the syrup and butter together. set this aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix the oats, oat bran, oat flour, sugar and coconut together. Set aside.
5. Mix the soda and the boiling water together and add to the melted butter and syrup.
6. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients along with the egg. Add a little salt and mix till thoroughly combined.
7. Spread the mixture evenly over the base of the baking paper lined bar tin.
8. Bake in the preheated oven on a fan force setting for about 10 - 15 minutes.
9. Once done, leave in the tin to cool almost completely before lifting out and cutting into squares. (May take about 25 - 30 minutes)
10. Cut into desired sized bars and serve as it is or with a chocolate coating over the top.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.4 mg7.5%
Sodium 125 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 0.5%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet