BiteSize Cooking Show - How to Make Anzac Biscuits
|Bicarbonate of soda||2⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1 Tablespoon|
|Desiccated coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Golden syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 145F
2. In a bowl, put all the dry ingredients together except for bicarbonate of soda.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
4. In a saucepan, combine together butter and golden syrup, heat on low and allow to slowly melt and stir occasionally.
5. Once the butter melt, mix boiling water and bicarbonate of soda in a small bowl, and pour it into the butter mixture.
6. To the bowl with dry ingredients, add the golden syrup mixture and stir well to mix and incorporate.
7. If the mixture is too moist, place the flour mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
8. Roll the mixture in small balls, and place them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
9. Press the dough ball with a fork and flatten them lightly.
10. Bake in the cookies in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are light brown in color.
11. Allow the cookie to cool completely.
12. Serve as desired with a beverage of your choice.
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.7%
Saturated Fat 21.2 g106.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.6 mg11.2%
Sodium 173.6 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.8%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 0.56%
Calcium 2% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet