|Egg whites||6 Medium|
|Superfine sugar||250 Gram|
|Corn starch||15 Gram|
|White wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar/4 gms baking powder||2 Gram|
|Heavy cream||300 Milliliter|
|Passion fruit||3 Medium|
|Kiwi fruit||1 Small, dice|
|Strawberries||150 Gram, dice|
1. Preheat a static oven to 480°F (250°C), after that lower the heat to 250°F (120°C).
2. To prepare the meringue in an electric beater combine the egg whites, a pinch of salt and beat at medium speed as soon as they turn white, we'll add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Now beat in the cream of tartar -- if it's not available, you can replace it with baking powder -- the vanilla extract -- otherwise use the seeds from a vanilla pod or a pinch of vanilla powder and the sugar, that has been mixed and sifted with the cornstarch one tablespoon at a time, until used up. Finally add the vinegar, in two parts.
4. The egg whites should be nice and stiff, now take a baking tray, which has been greased with butter and lined with parchment paper, so that it doesn't slip around. So turn out the mixture onto the baking tray and form into a circle, about 8-8 ½ inches (20-22 cm) in diameter; if you want, you can create a wavy effect, using the spatula and leave the edges of the meringue slightly higher than the centre.
5. Bake the pavlova for at least an hour and a half, without opening the oven door.
After such time, turn off the oven and let the pavlova completely cool, leaving the oven door slightly ajar.
6. Now take it out of the oven and place on a serving plate. Let cool.
7. Move on to the whipped cream: take a bowl, that has been cooled in the fridge, pour in the heavy cream, which must be very cold as well and beat with an electric beater until stiff. Now add the sugar and whisk again.
8. Spoon the whipped cream into the middle of the meringue spread it evenly, but leave the edges clear and finally garnish with the fresh fruits. Serve immediately.
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.1 mg13.7%
Sodium 73.1 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 47.7 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 32.5%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet