Polynesian Sweet Sour Meatballs
|Ground round||1 Pound|
|Chicken bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 Large, cut in small pieces|
|Canned pineapple slices||4 , cut in pieces|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Shape meat into 16 balls.
2. In a bowl combine egg, flour, salt and pepper to make a smooth batter.
3. in a large skillet, heat oil then dip meatballs in batter and fry until brown on all sides.
4. Remove from pan and keep warm pouring out all but 1 tablespoon of fat.
5. Add 1/2 cup of the bouillon, the green peppers and the pineapple.
6. With cover, cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
7. In a cup blend cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple juice and remaining bouillon.
8. Add to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
9. Return meatballs to sauce and heat.
10. Serve the meatballs in sauce with rice.