Microwave Polynesian Meatballs
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Condensed tomato soup||21 Ounce (2 cans, 10 1/2 ounces each)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 Ounce, well drained (1 can)|
1. In a bowl mix together ground beef, half of diced onion, ground ginger, bread crumbs and slightly beaten egg.
2. Shape into walnut size meatballs and place them into 3-quart glass casserole.
3. Cover partially and cook on ROAST (7) for 5 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
4. In a large mixing bowl mix together condensed tomato soup, brown sugar, remaining onion and pineapple chunks and add to partially cooked meatballs.
5. Stir well, without breaking up meatballs.
6. Cover, cook on ROAST (7) for 15 minutes, stirring twice during cooking.
7. Serve the meatballs in a serving dish along with the cooked gravy or sauce.
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg39.3%
Sodium 1149.6 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 56.8 g
Protein 28 g55.1%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet