Polynesian Chicken Sandwich
|Canned pineapple slices||8 1⁄4 Ounce, drained, reserving juices (1 Can)|
|Teriyaki sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||3⁄4 Pound (4 In Number)|
|Swiss cheese slice||4 Ounce (4 Slices)|
|Hamburger buns/Kaiser rolls||4 , split|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a shallow dish, mix together pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce.
2) Arrange each chicken breast between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap.
3) Pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet.
4) Put the chicken pieces in teriyaki mixture, turning once to coat.
5) Wrap the dish with plastic film and allow to marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator or for 30 minutes at room temperature.
6) Take the chicken out of the marinade, reserving marinade.
7) Arrange the chicken on rack of broiler pan.
8) Place the pan 4 inches from heat and broil for 4 minutes.
9) Baste with reserved marinade.
10) Flip the chicken, baste with marinade and broil 3 to 4 minutes more or until chicken is tender.
11) Place a slice of pineapple and a slice of cheese over each chicken piece.
12) Return to broiler for 1 minute or till the cheese melts.
13) Arrange the chicken stacks on the buns.
14) Serve each sandwich topped with sprouts and mayonnaise or salad dressing.
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.7 mg28.6%
Sodium 823.1 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 31 g62.2%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 12.8%
Calcium 35.8% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet