This was my attempt at a quick Australian meat pie and it turned out gorgeous. Unfortunately you don’t get to see me taste it, so you’ll have to take my word for it!
1 , finely chopped
2 , chopped finely
3 , chopped finely
5 , thinly sliced
Puff pastry sheet
1. Grease a pie plate and lay pastry sheet in it. Set aside.
2. In a pan, saute garlic, onion, and meat in olive oil for 5 minutes or until browned.
3. Add corn flour, beef stock, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, marmite, and ketchup. Give it a good stir.
4. Add chopped mushroom, parsley, and tomato. Cook for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Brush egg around the edge and transfer mixture into the pie plate.
6. Cover it with another pastry sheet and seal up the edges with fork. Pierce on top for steam to escape and brush with egg.
7. Pop in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until nice and brown.