Polynesian Baked Chicken
|Broiler fryer chickens||2 , cut up|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Pound, melted|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced papaya||2 Cup (32 tbs) (fresh)|
1. In a clean paper bag with flour and seasoned salt shake chicken pieces.
2. Take a large baking dish and oil it with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
3. In the baking dish place the seasoned chicken and brush with remaining butter.
4. Bake at 350°f 50 minutes, or until chicken is browned.
5. In a saucepan combine orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch and salt and bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
6. Remove from heat when clear and thickened and add papaya.
7. Over the chicken pour mixture, coating each piece and bake 10 minutes longer.
8. Serve garnished with chopped parsley (or green pepper) and sesame seeds.
Calories 1543 Calories from Fat 952
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163.6%
Saturated Fat 41 g205.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 456.3 mg152.1%
Sodium 923.6 mg38.5%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 24.8 g
Protein 96 g192.5%
Vitamin A 45.1% Vitamin C 101.4%
Calcium 10% Iron 32.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet