Polynesian Pineapple Packages
|Chicken breasts/Chicken quarters||4|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pineapple slices||8 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, reserve syrup (1 can)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Yams||4 Small, parboiled and peeled|
1. Using a small thin-blade knife bone chicken and coat in a mixture of flour, paprika and garlic salt.
2. In a pan with heated shortening brown the chicken.
3. In a bowl combine 1/2 cup reserved pineapple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch.
4. Cook, stirring until clear and thickened and stir in green onions.
5. Cut four 12-inch squares of heavy duty aluminum foil and place chicken piece and yam in center of each square.
6. Top with 1 pineapple slice and spoon on sauce.
7. With drug-store fold seal packages bringing two opposite edges of foil together, folding over twice and fold ends toward center.
8. Cook on grill over hot coals until tender, about 25 minutes.
9. To cook in oven, in a shallow baking pan arrange the packages and bake at 450 F 25 minutes.
10. Serve the chicken hot with desired garnish.
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 537.8 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.6%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 43 g86.7%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 63.6%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet