Beef Chunks Polynesian
|Garlic salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef sirloin tip||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple chunks||13 1⁄2 Ounce, drain reserve syrup (1 Can)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic flavored vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , quartered|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, cut into wedges|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a bowl mix garlic salt, paprika, and ginger and toss mixture with meat cubes to coat.
2. In a heavy skillet brown meat and garlic in heated oil.
3. Then stir in 1/2 cup reserved pineapple syrup, beef broth and 1/4 cup of the vinegar.
4. With cover simmer until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
5. Stir in celery, onions, tomatoes and pineapple chunks, reserving a few tomato wedges and pineapple chunks and cook with cover for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in a mixture of the brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and remaining vinegar and add green pepper.
7. Cook bringing it to boiling 3 minutes, stirring gently.
8. Stir in reserved tomato and pineapple and serve immediately.