|Popcorn kernels||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried pineapple chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cashew nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a Popcorn Pumper, make the popcorn and measure out one quart for use. Store the rest of the popcorn for later use.
2. In a 3-quart saucepan, place the butter and heat till completely melted over medium heat
3. Add the sugars to the pan and cook over low heat till the mixture is boiling and completely melted.
4. Add in water while stirring constantly and then add the corn syrup the mixture
5. Cook this solution on low heat while stirring constantly or at 270°F on candy thermometer to ensure that it reaches the right consistency
6. Remove from heat and pour in the vanilla, 1 quart popcorn, pineapple, apricots, cashews, coconut and stir well till completely coated.
7. Spread this mixture on to a greased 15 1/2 x 12-inch cookie sheet and then allow it to cool 1 hour or more till hard.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature