|Broiler fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut up|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Bottled red pepper seasoning||1 Dash|
|Frozen carrots||1 Pound (1 Bag)|
|Frozen french fried potatoes||1 Pound (1 Bag)|
1. Wash the chicken pieces and pat them dry on paper towel
2. Place chicken pieces in a deep glass bowl.
3. In a cup or small bowl, combine all ingredients except the vegetables.
4. Whisk lightly to blend then pour over chicken.
5. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
6. In a 12-cup microwave proof casserole dish, arrange larger chicken pieces towards corners and smaller ones in the center.
7. Pour marinade over the chicken and cover dish with plastic wrap.
8. Microwave the chicken on HIGH for 13 minutes, giving the dish a quarter turn after every 4 minutes.
9. Scatter carrots and potatoes around chicken and baste with juices in the dish.
10. Cover again and microwave for another 10 minutes, basting every 3 minutes, until chicken and vegetables are tender.
11. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
12. Take the casserole straight to the table and serve the stew hot over rice.