1) In a medium bowl, mix the ground beef, 1/2 of onion, ginger, bread crumbs and egg together.
2) Shape the mixture into walnut sized meatballs.
3) In a 3-quart glass casserole, place the meatballs.
4) Partially cover and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes, stirring once.
5) In large mixing bowl, mix the tomato soup, brown sugar, rest of the onion together.
6) Gently stir the mixture into the partially cooked meatballs.
7) Cook covered in the microwave for 15 minutes, stirring twice.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.