|Frozen flounder fillets||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Celery tops||4 (Use A Few)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (Use 1/2 Stick)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen mixed vegetables package||10 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package)|
1) Thaw and gently separate the fillets.
2) In a large frying pan, mix water, salt, peppercorns, celery tops, and onion and lemon slices and allow to boil.
3) Place the fillets in the pan, then simmer covered for 7 minutes or until flakey, remove and keep warm.
4) Allow the fish liquid to boil, cook rapidly until reduced to 2 cups, then strain into a 2-cup measure.
5) In the same frying pan, melt the butter or margarine, stir in the flour, stir constantly and cook until bubbly.
6) Stir in the 2 cups fish liquid, stir and cook further until the sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute.
7) Turn off the heat, stir in the lemon juice and a drop of yellow food coloring, if desired.
8) On a warm shallow serving platter, spoon a little cooked vegetables, lay the fish fillets overlapping, then spoon rest of the vegetables over the fish.
9) Spoon over the sauce and serve immediately with rest of the sauce.
Calories 637 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.5%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.5 mg64.8%
Sodium 1766.3 mg73.6%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.4%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 47 g94.9%
Vitamin A 166.2% Vitamin C 43.5%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet