National Watermelon Day
National Watermelon Day recipes, an integral part of the National Watermelon Day yield healthy and refreshing dishes as they mainly comprise of watermelons. National Watermelon Day is a yearly occasion celebrated on every third of August. The National Watermelon Day recipes are mostly low fat and low calories and serve as a sweet and energizing treat on hot summer days.
Popular National Watermelon Day Recipes
- Watermelon Cake – The cake is a delicious assortment of watermelon, frosting, berries and whipped cream.
- Watermelon Sorbet – A cool and refreshing drink of watermelons and lemon juice
- Melon and Banana Crush Smoothie – Watermelon blended with banana, vanilla ice-cream and cranberry juice; one of the best National Watermelon Day recipes.
- Watermelon Limeade – A divine drink made by combining watermelon with mint and lemon.
- Watermelon banana split- Bananas filled with assortment of fruits such as watermelon, pineapple, and strawberries. The dish is topped with vanilla ice cream and relished.
- Watermelon snow cones- Frozen balls of melon topped with cream and desiccated coconut. It is a favorite National Watermelon Day food for kids as well as adults.
Significance Of National Watermelon Day Food
Watermelons are a great summer food and the day encourages people to consume it more as the fruit is not only a rich source of vitamins A and C, lycopene, fiber and potassium but also helps in keeping the skin hydrated in summers.