How To Make Edible Santa Claus
Its Christmas season and what better to adorn the center of your cake than Santa Claus. Santas are very attractive and do portray the spirit of the Christmas season. In addition, edible Santa cookies, cakes, etc are considered to be all time children s' favorites. Hand Santa candies to all kids coming for the party and watch their faces light up . Read on to know how to make various types of edible Santa Claus for this Christmas season.
Make Edible Santa Claus Cookies
- On a clean working surface roll out sugar cookie dough.
- Using a Santa shaped cookie cutter, cut out dough and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake until cookies are ready as instructed in the recipe.
- Let cookies cool to room temperature.
- Use colored icing to fill in the details.
- Serve as desired.
Making Edible Santa Candies
- Melt candy chips in the microwave.
- Lay open Santa molds on the working surface.
- Pour in melted candy into the molds using a tablespoon.
- If you are planning for lollipop candies, insert the stick.
- Fill the mold completely with candy liquid.
- Place in refrigerator for about 4 to 5 hours.
- Once candy hardens, remove from refrigerator and pop them out of the molds.
- Use as desired.
Make Chocolate Santa using a Mold
- Keep Santa mold open.
- Melt white chocolate in a water bath or in the microwave.
- Using a brush, line Santa’s’ beard, and trims of his dress and hat with white chocolate.
- Once this is dry, pour in melted brown chocolate to half fill the mold.
- Close the mold and turn it to coat the whole mold with the melted brown chocolate.
- Refrigerate for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently ease out chocolate Santa Claus from the mold.
- Makes great centerpieces.
Edible Apple Santa for the Health Conscious
- Select a medium sized red colored apple.
- Wash and dry it well.
- Cut away the stem portion of the apple.
- Insert a toothpick right through the center.
- Thread a marshmallow on the toothpick and follow it up with a gumdrop.
- Insert 4 toothpicks for Santa’s hands and legs.
- Thread marshmallow and gumdrop on each toothpick.
- Use a clove to make the face as well as buttons on Santa’s shirt.
No Christmas party is complete without edible Santa Claus cookies and a chocolate Santa centerpiece. The above-mentioned ideas will help you get ready for the feast.