Ideas For Hanukkah Dinner Menu: Quick And Easy Ideas To Prepare Kosher Chicken
Why a write-up on “ Quick And Easy Ideas To Prepare Kosher Chicken, for a Hanukkah dinner menu”? Kosher foods adhere to the Jewish Dietary laws, and Hanukkah, being an important festival of the Jews, brings out the purest spirit and form of tradition and faith.
Simple yet tasteful recipes give the ultimate flavor to festive food. For one, there is the ease of preparation, which adds that extra ‘spirit’ (anticipating a ‘hassle-free’ procedure), and secondly, there is cushion time on hand to prepare and present in a personalized manner.
So, here are a few quick and easy ideas to prepare kosher chicken:
• Roast chicken : Roasted kosher chicken simple yet flavorful and easy to make, with chicken pieces coated with the necessary spices and then roasted in the oven. This not only caters to Hanukkah delight but also makes a good starter for Hanukkah dinner.
• Tangy Baked Chicken : Ginger, apricot jam, pepper, minced garlic, finely chopped onions, cola, ketchup are mixed to make a marinade. Allow the chicken to refrigerate in this marinade and then bake for an hour or so. The tinge of tanginess along with the browny crisps of the kosher chicken are a lip-smacking delight, and can be served with rice, making a fulsome meal for Hanukkah dinner.
• Chicken donned in honey ‘n’ mustard : With melted margarine, mustard, honey, curry and minced garlic, marinate the chicken and allow it to stay in the fridge for 2-3 hours, and bake the chicken in the oven for about an hour till the chicken is sufficiently cooked. The kosher dish in a dressing of honey , spiced up with mustard, enjoys prominence as a Jewish holiday dish and fits in perfectly into the quick and easy ideas to prepare kosher chicken
• Apricot Chicken : The fruit ‘n’ nut flavor of apricots seeping through your favorite kosher chicken and, do you need anything more exotic for your Hanukkah dinner? Apricot jam, mayonnaise, garlic powder, paprika, all set to sauce up your kosher chicken…how does it begin? The chicken pieces sprinkled with paprika and then marinated (in a mix of all the above mentioned ingredients but paprika) and kept in the refrigerator for a few hours. Bake the chicken in two –slots (of 45 minutes each) till both sides of the chicken are properly cooked.
• Maple chicken with potatoes: This is one recipe which turns out good for the quick and easy ideas for kosher chicken and make your Hanukkah dinner menu a celebrated affair. Potatoes baked in a dressing of oil, paprika and salt and then chicken pieces in a coat of maple syrup, baked. Serve this with roasted asparagus or peas to make it a wholesome meal for Hanukkah dinner.
• Chicken Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry: This is quite colorful adding ‘colorful’ flavors to your palette as well. Marinated chicken in a mix of oil, honey and peanut butter stir-fried, with broccoli florets blanched on the other end, and roasted cashews to impart the rich, nutty flavor in between; Well, you do have a delicacy which serves as one of the quick and easy ideas to prepare kosher chicken.
• Chicken with lemon and olives : Tangy and tart – olives and lemon; with your chicken spiced up with cumin, pepper, paprika, turmeric and seasoned with salt and; added to a Dutch oven of sautéed onions and garlic, then topped by lemon slices. Put the lid on and cook the chicken till golden brown or completely cooked. You couldn’t have asked for anything more scrumptious!
Quick and easy ideas to prepare kosher chicken, and make your Hanukkah dinner, ‘consecrated’ with the Kosher substance enlightening about the very spirit of the Jewish festival.
Photo courtesy :.famous-recipes.net