How to Make Bat Chips for Halloween
If you are planning a Halloween party this time, you must definitely read this article to know how to make bat chips for Halloween.
A Halloween party is incomplete without crispy and crunchy bat wings. The bat wings seem to be creepy, but they are very healthy in reality. They are prepared using corn or flour tortillas, along with some olive oil and seasonings. They can be made easily and they tend to add a lot of fun to the Halloween party. Do not forget to prepare some ghoulishly delicious dip that goes along with these chips.
- Use the bat shaped cookie cutter to cut out the shapes of a bat from the corn tortillas.
- Apply a coat of extra virgin olive oil on either side of the bat chips by using a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the greased bat chips.
- Now place the bat chips over a baking pan in order to broil them. You must arrange them in a single layer. You should now be very attentive, as the chips under the broiler burn very quickly. If you want to make both sides of the chips cripy, turn them once when they are below the broiler.
- The bat chips can be removed from the oven after they turn crispy. You may either serve them hot or cold.
Tips & Warnings
- You may use large flour tortillas in case you If you are unable cannot find blue corn tortillas.
- Halloween style cutters, other than bats may also be used. Other cookie cutter Halloween-specific shapes include ghosts, pumpkins , etc.
- Gooey, green avocado dip goes very well along with the Halloween bat chips. In order to make it you will have to mash three ripe avocados and then add a finely diced onion, a diced tomato, some drops of fresh lemon juice and a drop of Tabasco sauce.
Image credits : airplanesinaugust.blogspot.com