Holiday food gift basket ideas – thought and action for fulsome holiday fun
When holidays take a peek from around the corner, there is a surge of spirit to rejoice, reminisce and relax, with goodies, holidaying and cooking, partying and exchanging gifts. It’s the space and time when creativity abounds, to leave you scouring for holiday food gift basket ideas.
Well, your food gift basket should definitely showcase the food you want to gift, be it appetizers, salads, pasta or seafood. The idea is to give your food gift basket the perfect bearing. So, how do you go about giving shape to your holiday food gift basket ideas? Some bit of creativity and oodles of practicality.
Let us classify the food gift items, which in turn will determine the ideal food basket for them.
• Appetizers: This can comprise smoked salmon, eggplant spread, smoked oysters, liver pate, green or black olives, breadsticks and herbed crackers, and a bottle of olive oil.
• Your food gift basket can be wicker work or chrome baskets. Wooden or unbreakable trays also work fine as containers for the ‘appetizing foods’. Apart from the appetizing foods, you can also keep some serving utensils as gift, bolstered by a fancy towel at the bottom.
• Salad : From the cook’s thinking hat of holiday food gift basket ideas, healthy foods serve well the health –conscious and can deliver to be a perfect holiday food gift . You could include gourmet mustard, peppercorns, peppermills, gourmet vinegar, breadsticks, egg-slicer, garlic press, bottle of olive oil, croutons, and spoons for salad mixing, whisk, dried spices (oregano, parsley, and basil) . Your salad gift can be ‘dressed up’ with handy napkins and a kitchen towel, and can be best carried in a large salad bowl or a colander.
• Seafood: In this variety, you can use canned seafood such as shrimps, sardines, clams, crabmeat etc. To complement the seafood specialty, you can also add forks, spoons, knives, along with shrimp peelers, lobster crackers, tarter sauce and lemon juicer. Remember as a gift from your enthused spirit for holiday food gift basket ideas, it should just unwrap with surprise and fulsomeness.
• Soup : Your soup variety can comprise dry soup mixes along with dry beans, saltines and oyster crackers. Do not forget to include a soup ladle and bouillon packages.
You can cushion this further with a terry towel. A cookbook to go with the food gift basket can be a value-addition to the gift, considering that soup recipes are coveted for the touch of uniqueness and variety.
With the holiday mood setting in, there is more and more room to experiment, share the joy of the creative blast, which springs forth holiday food gift basket ideas. Photo Courtesy : www.giftbasketsdelivered.com