Looking for a tasty recipe that's a great alternative to instant oatmeal? Try these nutritious and yummy whole rolled oats, which cook up in just a few minutes.
1 , cut into ¼ inch cubes
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roughly chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Heat a heavy medium sauce pan over medium heat and add coconut oil.
2. Add chopped apples and sauté for 7 minutes until soft.
3. Stir in hazelnuts and sauté for 3 more minutes until toasted.
4. Add in rolled oats, milk, and cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and flax seeds. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes until oatmeal reaches desired thickness, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
6. If eating right away and oatmeal is hot, spoon into bowl, add a little milk or water and stir to cool. Add manufacturer’s suggested serving of whey to oatmeal, stir to combine and enjoy.
You don’t want to add organic whey to overly hot oatmeal, it may cause it to lump or sour.