Apple Oatmeal Cookies
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely diced (Unpeeled)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a saucepan, mix the diced apple, raisins, pecans, 1/2 cup sugar and water together.
3) Stir continuously and cook for about 10 minutes until the mixture is thick and apples are tender.
4) In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in eggs.
5) In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cloves together.
6) Stir alternately with milk into the creamed mixture, then stir in the rolled oats.
7) Reserve 3/4 cup dough and drop about 36 teaspoonfuls of rest of the dough on a greased cookie sheet.
8) Make depressions in the center, top each with the apple mixture and dab of the reserved dough.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
10) Serve the Apple Oatmeal Cookies on a platter.