Famous Oatmeal Cookies
All-purpose flour - 1 cup
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Soda - 1/2 teaspoon
Vegetable shortening - 3/4 cup
Brown sugar - 1 cup, firmly packed
Granulated sugar - 1/2 cup
Egg - 1
Water - 1/4 cup
Vanilla - 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease cookie sheets with cooking spray or butter.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together oat, flour, soda and salt.
4. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, sugars, egg, water and vanilla.
5. Add the dry ingredient mixture and mix well.
6. Using a rounded teaspoon, drop teaspoonful of batter onto the greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes until they are done.
8. Remove over wire rack and let cool.
9. Serve Famous Oatmeal Cookies as evening snack.