Spicy Oatmeal Cookies
|Softened butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Plumped raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a medium bowl, beat the butter until fluffy.
3) Beat in honey, then beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
4) In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
5) Stir in the raisins, then combine with the moist ingredients, mix thoroughly.
6) Drop the batter by rounded teaspoonfuls on 2 ungreased baking sheets.
7) Place each batch on middle shelf of the preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden.
8) Serve the Spicy Oatmeal Cookies on a serving platter or store in an airtight container.