Orange Oatmeal Cookies
|Butter/8 tablespoons spectrum spread||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Room Temperature)|
|Ripe banana||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), mashed|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Old-fashioned rolled oats/1 cup oatmeal plus 1/2 cup 4-grain cereal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsweetened coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Golden raisins/1/2 cup chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the baking sheet with a 1/4 teaspoon of butter.
2) In a bowl, add the butter and egg. Beat well to get a creamy mixture.
3) Gradually add in the banana, vanilla, brown sugar and orange zest, one by one. Combine all the ingredients using a wooden spoon.
4) In a bowl, add flour, salt, baking powder, oats, coconut, walnuts and raisins. Mix well.
5) Add the dry into the wet and mix well to incorporate.
6) Drop a whole tablespoon of dough onto the baking sheet at a distance of 2 inches from each other.
7) Flatten the drops slightly with a light hand.
8) Bake for 20 minutes or until the cookies turn a golden brown.
9) Let the cookies cool down completely before serving.
10) Serve the Orange Oatmeal Cookies at a room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3051 Calories from Fat 1324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 153 g234.8%
Saturated Fat 70.7 g353.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.4 mg151.1%
Sodium 977.6 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 384 g127.9%
Dietary Fiber 41.5 g165.9%
Sugars 163.7 g
Protein 56 g112.9%
Vitamin A 62.7% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 66.5% Iron 89.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet