|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|1% low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Steel cut oats||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Irish)|
|Fresh blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted hazelnuts/Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Take a large heavy nonstick saucepan and mix water and milk together. Bring the mixture to boil on medium flame.
2. Add oats and then reduce the flame. Simmer for 3 minutes or until the mixture turns thick.
3. Cover the pan and simmer the oats for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
4. Remove from the heat and add honey. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with fruits and nuts and serve this oatmeal hot.
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.7 mg1.9%
Sodium 51.4 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.8%
Sugars 30.3 g
Protein 18 g37%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 29.7%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet