|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking oatmeal||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 375°F (190°C).
2) Place the dull side of the aluminium foil on the cookie sheets.
3)For the Electric Mixer Method, cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar and eggs together till fluffy.
5) In a large bowl mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
6) Blend in creamed mixture and beat till mixed well.
7) For the Food Processor Method, begin with creaming butter using the appropriate blade.
8) Add sugar and process until fluffy.
9) While the processor is running add egg and process well.
10) In a large bowl mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
11) Add the batter to workbowl one half at a time and process.
12) On each prepared cookie sheet place 5 cookies with an ice cream scoop.
13) Put in preheated oven to bake for 12-15 minutes.
14) The centre should be soft but the edges golden and firm.
15) Shift the foil to wire racks and let it cool.
16) Remove cookies after 5-10 minutes from foil and continue to cool on the racks.
16) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.