Easy Oatmeal Cookies
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oats||3 Cup (48 tbs), uncooked (quickcooking or regular)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Pre-heat oven by setting it to 350°F
2) Take a bowl and mix the flour together with cinnamon, salt and soda.
3) Keep it aside.
4) Mix the shortening with sugar and cream them together.
5) Add the vanilla and eggs. Beat them in.
6) Add it to the flour mixture and blend well.
7) Add the pecans and oats to it stirring them in.
8) Fashion the dough into inch sized balls.
9) Take cookie sheets and grease them lightly.
10) Place the balls into them keeping an inch space between each.
11) Place in a pre-heated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until they turn light brown
12) Serve as required.