Oatmeal Date Cookies
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg onto wax paper.
2. Beat butter or margarine in a large bowl; gradually add sugars and continue beating until mixture is well blended. Beat in egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
3. Stir in flour mixture. Add oats and dates, mixing until well blended.
4. Drop by level tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto greased cooky sheets.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from cooky sheets; cool completely on wire racks.