Oatmeal Date Cookies
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg onto wax paper.
2. Beat butter or margarine in a large bowl; gradually add sugars and continue beating until mixture is well blended. Beat in egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
3. Stir in flour mixture. Add oats and dates, mixing until well blended.
4. Drop by level tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto greased cooky sheets.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from cooky sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
Calories 1149 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.9%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g96.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.3 mg42.8%
Sodium 716.4 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 197 g65.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.6%
Sugars 105.1 g
Protein 20 g40.3%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 0.69%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 26.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet