This oatmeal raisin cookie recipe is packing a secret that keeps them super soft and chewy! If you love oatmeal raisin cookies then this recipe is a must try!
It's loaded with hearty oatmeal and raisins with that "can't resist" homemade flavor. Good luck with trying to convince people that you actually did make these.
All purpose flour
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), softened
1 Cup (16 tbs), packed
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
Quick cooking oat
3 Cup (48 tbs) (1-minute oats)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, add ½ cup raisins and water. Blend till pureed. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Whisk till combined. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, add butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Using a mixer, mix till all are well combined and creamy.
6. Add the dry ingredients into this wet ingredients mixture and stir until combined.
7. Put the pureed raisins and mix well. Add the oatmeal and stir only till combined. Do not over mix.
8. Put 1 cup of raisins and continue to mix till combined.
9. Wet clean hands with water and roll out balls of the cookie batter.
10. Place them on the baking sheet spaced away from each other.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for around 8 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven and let it sit for around 3 minutes. Then transfer them on cooling rack to cool completely.
13. In a serving plate, arrange the cookies and serve them with milk or any other refreshing beverage of choice.
Loosing sleep over your kids 'after school treat'. Explore this video to prepare flavorful and chewy oatmeal and raisin cookies. With the amount of butter it's chewiness is something that kids adore. The crisp edges makes is a favorite snack at all times.