Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (1 Package, 1 Cup)|
1. Remove the margarine or butter from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before making the cookies.
2. Turn oven to 375°. Put margarine in large bowl. Position electric mixer over bowl. Turn mixer to medium. Beat 30 seconds. Turn off mixer.
3. Crack the egg into the custard cup. Add the egg, flour, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and baking soda to the margarine. Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes or till well mixed. As you mix, scrape sides of bowl with rubber scraper as needed. Turn off mixer. Use the wooden spoon to stir in oats and chocolate pieces.
4. Put enough dough on a small spoon so the dough is slightly humped. Use the other spoon to push the dough from the spoon onto the cookie sheet. Repeat to fill cookie sheet. Leave about 2. inches between cookies.
5. Put the cookie sheet in the oven. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or till brown. While the cookies bake, drop more cookie dough onto the other cookie sheet.
6. Use hot pads to remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Put the second cookie sheet into the oven. Use the pancake turner to lift the baked cookies onto the cooling rack. When the first cookie sheet is cool, drop more dough onto it. Repeat with remaining dough. Turn off the oven.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3529 Calories from Fat 1337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 151 g233%
Saturated Fat 48.6 g243.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 819 mg34.1%
Total Carbohydrates 510 g170%
Dietary Fiber 18.1 g72.2%
Sugars 309.9 g
Protein 40 g80.3%
Vitamin A 82.5% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 74.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet