|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1 Dash|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking rolled oats||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Measure flour, salt, baking soda and mace into sifter.
2. Beat shortening with brown sugar! in a large bowl with electric mixer at, high speed until fluffy; beat in egg. Pour in milk and vanilla; blend well
3. Sift in dry ingredients; mix with spoon until smooth; stir in oats raisins and nuts until well blended.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets.
5. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove to wire racks with pancake turner; cool.