Oatmeal Date Squares
|Pitted dates||8 Ounce, chopped (1 Package)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Stick)|
1. Combine dates, walnuts, sugar, water and lemon juice in a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 8 minutes at High. Set aside.
2. Preheat convection oven to 375°F.
3. Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until well mixed and crumbly.
4. Pat two-thirds of crumb mixture in bottom of a greased 8-inch square glass baking dish. Spread on date mixture. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
5. Place dish on bottom metal rack. Cook in microwave/convection oven 20 to 25 minutes at Combination II, or until set in center. Cool and cut into squares.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5063 Calories from Fat 2072
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 236 g363%
Saturated Fat 121.2 g605.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.8 mg161.3%
Sodium 1971.9 mg82.2%
Total Carbohydrates 722 g240.5%
Dietary Fiber 49.2 g196.9%
Sugars 394.5 g
Protein 67 g133.8%
Vitamin A 113.1% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 33.1% Iron 106.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet