|Onion||1 Large, peeled, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh spinach||225 Gram, cooked, drained|
|Button mushrooms||100 Gram, finely chopped|
|Pine kernels||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Grams)|
|Toasted almonds||1 Ounce, chopped (25 Gram)|
|Hard boiled eggs||2 , hardboiled|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Cut a slice from each end of the marrow, about 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick. Slice the marrow in half horizontally and scoop out all the centre seeds.
2. Fry the onion and garlic gently in the olive oil for 4-5 minutes; mix with the remaining ingredients, to make a firm stuffing.
3. Pack the stuffing tightly into the marrow halves and wrap each half securely in foil.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes-1 hour until the marrow is tender.
5. Serve hot, cut into thick slices, accompanied by low calorie mayonnaise if liked.
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.1%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.9 mg40.3%
Sodium 186.2 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 108.9% Vitamin C 73.1%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet