This awesome little recipe was inspired by SudsorDuds Up North drinking home-brewed beer we needed something extra to tease the pallet I figured beer nuts would go great. We had a lot of fun making these and doing a beer pairing after wards.
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Line the baking sheet with heavy duty foil.
3. In a frying pan, pour the sugar, water and add nuts.
4. Allow it to boil and reduce to about 5 minutes.
5. Take the baking sheet, pour the peanuts over it and spread with a spatula.
6. Season with salt and cayenne pepper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
7. After 15 minutes into baking, remove from the oven and break it, toss it and continue baking for another 25 minutes.
8. In another frying pan pecan nuts can be caramelized similarly.
9. Transfer it on another baking sheet and sprinkle salt over it and bake along with the peanuts.
10. In a serving bowl, place these nuts and enjoy with drinks.