Pistachio Ice Cream Surprise
|Pistachio ice cream||4 Pint|
|Chocolate sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Chopped pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Line the side and bottom of 9-inch tube pan with foil.
2. In the pan, press 3 pints ice cream firmly and evenly.
3. Make a 1 inch deep and wide trench in ice cream from its outside edge using wooden trench.
4. Place the pan in refrigerator and allow it to freeze until firm-€”about 2 hours.
5. In a separate saucepan make Chocolate Sauce. Let cool to room temperature.
6. Pour 1/2 cup sauce into trench in firm ice cream.
7. Return to the freezer for 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining sauce.
8. Cover the trench completely, by spooning remaining ice cream evenly over sauce in trench.
9. Cover the pan with lid, and freeze, until very firm-€”at least overnight.
10. Use spatula to loosen around edge of pan and center tube.
11. Invert onto serving platter. Peel off foil.
12. Press pistachio nuts around side. Place in the freezer.
13. In a bowl, whip cream with confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
14. Place in pastry bag with number-6 star tip.
15. Decorate top of ice-cream ring. Freeze until firm. If keeping more than one day, wrap with plastic wrap.
16. Cut ring into wedges, Pass remaining Chocolate Sauce, reheated in double boiler.
17. Serve Pistachio ice cream surprise frozen.
Calories 971 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98%
Saturated Fat 32 g160%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.3 mg53.8%
Sodium 205 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 64.2 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet