Pink Pistachio 'Layer Cake'
|Strawberry ice cream||2 Quart|
|Pistachio ice cream||1 Quart|
|Strawberry jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pistachio nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Pint, washed|
1) Allow the ice cream to soften slightly.
2) Take 3 8-inch layer cake pans and line them with plastic wrap.
3) Press a quart of each of the two ice creams into the cake pan firmly.
4) Cover the cake pans and freeze then until firm, for about several hours.
5) Once nicely set, take the ice creams out from their pans. Pull off the plastic wrap.
6) On the serving plate, place a layer of strawberry. Spread over it half the amount of the strawberry jam.
7) Sprinkle a layer of pistachios on top, and spread with the remaining jam over it.
8) Top it with the rest of the strawberries.
9) Frost the top and sides of the cake with whipped cream. Sprinkle more pistachio nuts on the sides.
10) Freeze the cake till it becomes firm, for about 3 hours.
11) If you wish to preserve the cake for a few days, wrap the frozen cake in plastic wrap or foil.
12) Serve the Pink Pistachio 'Layer Cake' garnished with strawberry halves.