|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Soak the garbanzos overnight or soak them and drain.
2. Simmer the garbanzos in well-salted water for an hour until it is nearly cooked but still hard.
3. Drain and divide the beans into 2 equal portions.
4. Take a skillet and melt ½ tsp butter and saute ½ of the garlic.
5. Spoon out the garlic and add ½ garbanzos in each pan.
6. Take saucepan and saute slowly and turn and stir often, until beans starts to sizzle and start changing to dark golden brown and crunchy outside and soft inside.
7. Take a bowl and add chili powder, mustard, salt, and onion in a bowl.
8. Take another bowl and add garlic salt, ginger and soy sauce.
9. Spoon the mixture over ½ of the garbanzos and toss them lightly to coat.
10. Serve the garbanzo nuts as a snack. The nuts can be reheated in the oven for 2-5 minutes at 350°.